Five more days, and then I, together with the Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc., will be attending Blogfest Soccsksargen 2.0! Five days? Five days... Five days. Five days! Fiiiive daaaaaayyysss!!!!! I'm sickeningly overexcited! And there's definitely very good reasons for the excitement.
1. Blogfest 2.0 and Philippine Blog Awards in one. The year 2011, if I should say, is really bongga for my bloglife. Founded Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc. in February, attended Cebu Blog Camp in May, hosted Mindanao Bloggers Summit in October, and now, I'd be hitting two birds with one stone by attending Blogfest 2.0 and the Mindanao leg of Philippine Blog Awards on November 26! Woohoo! But wait, there's more! Two blogs from IBS members have been nominated! Of course, bongga ang support for Pinay Travelista (Travel Blog) and Adventures in Life (Personal Blog) -- FULL FORCE! :p
2. This year's roster of speakers is interesting. I'm sooooo looking forward to new things I will be learning from Mr. Bob Martin, Ms. Darlene Custodio, Mr. Jack Madrid, Mr. Raffy Tima, Mr. Flow Galindez, Mr. Abe Olandres, Ms. Mae Paner, and Mr. Manolo Quezon. It's an interesting mix with someone from politics, from traditional media, in business, and even people known for their advocacy. With a theme of "The emergence of blogs and social media," I'm sure I will pick up a lot of new stuff. [Note to self: Bring your trusty notebook and notepad. Bring tons of pens just in case. :p]
3. It's an opportunity to meet the faces behind the blogs I
stalk follow. I'm a newbie to the blogosphere, and an opportunity to join "the grandest eyeball of bloggers, online writers/publishers and social networking enthusiasts in Southern Philippines" is not to be missed. And again, there's more! On our way back from the events, we'll be dropping by Davao and Bukidnon (Lake Apo). We're contacting Davao and Bukidnon-based bloggers as well for meet-ups. :)
4. It's my first out-of-town trip with my IBS family! The core group of Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc. is one happy, clingy, boisterous bunch. Imagine the riot if you put 10 of us in one place for five days. I'm sure this is going to be soooooooooo much fun!
5. This is a chance to explore General Santos City. I must admit. This isn't my first time to visit the City of Champions. My father is from Sarangani Province, and I have cousins in the city. I lost count of the number of times I have been there. But, but, but, my prior Gensan tours are limited to KCC Mall, Gaisano Mall, and just recently, Robinson's and their city plaza. Sad (but true) story. So now is my chance to see what Gensan has to offer. ^__^
And here's a bonus reason for excitement. I hope time and sense of direction will be good to me and I get to see this cutesy little baby. Makagigiiiiiil!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr...
|GenSan Plaza Lights, taken 05.22.2011 from this album.|